After the successful migration to the new PCS Envelope Concept version, the development still continues as some features and functions are not available yet. The next major development is in progress and Path Modification and Alteration processes are in the testing phase.
In November RNE organised trainings (26th – 28th November) for passenger business (applicants and IMs) in close cooperation with FTE. The training series will continue with Rail Freight Corridors in January and February.
PCS user have to to get familiar with the new PCS structure, with the new GUI elements, with how to solve the calendar consistency (avoiding overlapping days), how to harmonise borders (warning on not harmonised borders), how to use multiple PaPs even on the same territory for different days and how to use local times and timezones.
If you are interested, please visit the CMS event calendar for further details and register for the events:
- 29th-30th January 2020 in Brussels with RFC North-Sea-Med, Atlantic, Meditiiterrian and North Sea-Baltic. Register: here.
- 06th-07th February 2020 in Frankfurt with RFC Rhine-Alpine, Scan-med, Orient/East-Med, and North Sea-Baltic. Register: here.
- 13th-14th February 2020 in Warsaw with RFC Baltic-Adriatic, Czech-Slovak, and Amber. Register: here.
- 19th-20th February 2020 in Budapest with RFC Orient/East-Med, Czech-Slovak, and Amber. Register: here.
- 26th-27th February 2020 in Milano with RFC Rhine-Alpine, Scan-Med, Baltic-Adriatic, and Mediterranean. Register: here.
Currently, passenger traffic users are working on carrying forward of the dossiers for the next time table period (TT2021). In a next step they will promote the dossiers to the harmonisation phase.
A TEG Planning meeting was held in the RNE Joint Office on 5th November where participants discussed the IM-IM coordination process in terms of OTN changes at the border, were provided with an update on the JS pilot status, and a presentation by FTE about its Train Object Modelling project and recent updates. As usual, the group discussed some change requests under review and agreed on the meeting schedule for 2020.
The PCS maintenance release notes include features and enhancements to each release, as well as bug fixes. To get an update and read more about PCS development steps and sprints, please click on this link.
In terms of ongoing user support, the PCS team has assisted 38 times in various issues in November, mainly with user access requests password resets and test findings questions.