Even though the general travel ban caused by COVID-19 ended in June, meetings were still held online.
From 15 to 18 June 2020 RNE held its very significant annual Technical Meeting where all IMs/ABs had the opportunity to ensure the availability of the constructed/designed train paths and carry out the harmonisation process.
In the PCS life cycle, the Observation Phase started on the 7 July and will run until 23 August. Within this period, applicants are able to check the draft offer they received from the IMs and make observations. The applicants are able to place their comments into the dossiers through the ‘Make Observation’ option in a clear and structured manner.
The PCS team was busy testing the new PCS developments:
- Extended path variant and sub-path comparison drop-down information with origin-destination, validity period, number of running days and circulation days information
- Comparison of timetables with common running days shows missing and/or extra running days, also the total number of days
- However, hovering on the number or the small calendar icon below the information box, it shows an exact list of missing and/or extra days compared to the left timetable. If possible, we try to show the days in ranges and not all one by one.
- Calendar comparison shows the detailed calendar, and differences are highlighted.
The PCS maintenance release notes include features and enhancements for each release, as well as bug fixes. To get an update and read more about PCS development steps and sprints, please click on this link.
In the meanwhile, the PCS team assisted the RFCs to fill in the RFC KPI report based on PCS for DG Move – for the Mobility and Transport Knowledge policy of the European Commission.
The ECMT was improved as well and each object type has now the ‘Detect Overlapping Objects’ option. The form with the search results is identical to the chart search options. A ‘Validate Band Timetable’ process was created to avoid situations where the user enters only one time for a station for a band.
Some bug fixing was also carried out:
- corrected the TCR Traffic Measures – estimated delay minutes storage and display field format
- corrected band adding problem
To read more details about ECMT development, please click on this link.
In terms of ongoing user support, the PCS team has assisted 115 times in various issues in June such as PCS IP error codes, user management activities, and Path elaboration process questions.