Apr 2021 Recap
During this month, the PCS international timetable process reached two main target dates in the 2021 annual timetable: The Path Request (X-8) and the Pre-booking (X-7.5) deadlines.
The New Path Request process ended with the Path Request deadline, and the Late Path Request process began on 13 April.
The leading Applicants ensured that all participants agreed with the requests, all path-related lights set to green, and submitted their path requests until the 12 April. The dossiers in which all traffic lights were already set to green, PCS promoted automatically to Path Request or Pre-booking phase.
Rail Freight Corridors were busy during this period as well and pre-booked the Pre-arranged paths (PaPs) or reserved alternative PaPs between 13 and 26 April. After the X-7.5 deadline, they worked on returning RFC capacity to IMs/ABs.
Our goal is to continue to provide the best possible technical service and customer support, and the constantly evolving PCS helping users to live their daily business comfortably with the following new features:
- Export search results to Excel: the user’s grid is exported in Excel format
- Check of running missing days: A new button is added to check the calendar in other timetables that are visible to the user at the given phase (Applicant TT, IM TT, C-OSS TT). Calendars are compared to show the missing running days.
- No splitting anymore for applicants agencies
- Improve validation alert
- Login failed
- New warning message implemented in the wizard: two locations must-have on a territory
And many more new elements published in our CMS in PCS under PCS history book, making the information available to everyone. Each chapter is a news release note. Click each chapter’s link to read more in detail: https://cms.rne.eu/node/30476/pcs-history
For public access, the chapters are located on the right side in the Related Documents section in the Reference area.
We do not leave ECMT development lagging behind PCS. Our ECMT users can check out some interesting new changes and visit the ECMT site sprint reviews for detailed information:
- Validation errors for frequency object creation/bulk edit page: validation messages are developed and deployed into the testing.
In terms of ongoing user support, the PCS team has assisted 119 times in various issues in April, mainly with user access requests password resets, fixing calendar inconsistency, and pre-booking conflicts.